Glorious 1940s vibrant purple hat. Labelled Roberts, this piece has been modified at some point and someone has cut the crown off, reshaped it and then stitched it back onto the brim. Not the neatest work, but its still a sweet hat and looks great. Trimmed with two large, colourful, fabric flowers.
Because it is meant to sit on your head, it will fit a variety of sizes, up to a 22"
- 9" wide
- 8" front to back
- deepest part of the crown 2.5"
The hat is in good condition, points to note;
- the flowers are a little crumpled
- some of the stitching from the alteration is visible, see photos
- there are a few pinholes in one area, presumably from a hat pin
- a sticky mark on the inner grosgrain band