This dress is divine and really the photos do not do it justice.
It is made from inky black satin backed crepe but the photos have been lightened to show the beautiful details.
A home sewn piece, the fabric is quite heavy which creates a beautiful drape, skimming your curves, and a wonderful swing and swish to the fabric as you move. It features a waist insert with tie back belt, a 4 panelled skirt, a gathered, slightly full, bodice and chiffon sleeves and yoke detail. The balloon sleeves have button cuffs, sequins running down the centre and studs, in a foliate design, on the ends. The sleeve heads are finely gathered and there are shoulder pads to help give you that iconic 1940s look. The dress is button back and has a metal side opening.
This is best suited to up to a 40-32-42 but because of the belt it can cinch smaller. To ensure it will fit you properly please compare the measurements below to a similar garment you already own;
Flat bust 21"
Flat waist 17"
Flat hips 23"
Shoulders between sleeves 15"
Shoulder to waist 17"
Shoulder to hem 45.5"
Underarm sleeve length 18"
Very good with only very minor points to note;
- a 3mm graze in the chiffon on the left sleeve
- a pinhead grace to the chiffon on the right sleeve
- a 2mm by 2" self mark 8" up from the hem on the left skirt seam
- some of the sequins on the sleeve edges are a bit curled - this happens with gelatine sequins if they get warm or wet
- not really a fault but it has a green zip - obviously the only one the original maker had to hand
The dress with be sent via Special Delivery within the UK and fully tracked and insured outside of the UK.
Please note if you are purchasing from outside of the UK, you may be charged a customs fee before the parcel is delivered. The fee is outside of my control and is the customer's responsibility.