Iconic inky black coat from the 1920s or early 1930s.
This piece is made from textured satin backed crepe. The crepe side of the fabric has been used for the main body of the piece and the reverse of the fabric, the shiny satin side, has been used for accents on the sleeve ends and on curved sections on each side of the lower back coat.
It is fully lined with geometric patterned fabric in old gold. A classic, simple design of its day with very little tailoring, it has two carved glass buttons which fasten on the left side, and a smart collar. On the inner there is a little pocket which has a ruffled trim. Very Downton Abbey!
It is best suited for up to a 40" bust but to ensure it will fit you properly, please compare the following measurements to a similar coat you already own.
Measurements taken on the outside;
Flat bust 21”
Flat waist 22.5"
Flat hip 23"
Shoulders between sleeves 15.5”
Underarm sleeve length 17"
Neck to hem 42”
Good/very good with some points to note;
- on one of the back sections there is a 1" darn - see photo
- on the front of the coat there is a 1/2" self coloured mark - see photo
- there is a significant area of darns on the back inner collar, most are obscured when it is being worn
- there are some darns on the lining, mostly near the back neck
- has had some underarm lining repairs
Still an absolutely beautiful coat, but has been priced to reflect the issues.