This is a beautiful coat from the 1930s. A very straight design with some smart detailing, it is made from natural coloured wool in a herringbone texture. It has two statement buttons, smart shaping on the pockets, gathered sleeve ends and neat lapels. The tailoring is simple, yet stylish.
No makers label, but made to a high standard, it is fully lined with peach coloured crepe.
It will fit up to a 42" bust but the shoulders are quite narrow so bear that in mind when comparing the measurements. To ensure it will fit you properly please compare the measurements below to a similar coat you already own.
Measurements taken on the outside;
Flat bust 22”
Flat waist 21"
Flat hip 23"
Shoulders between sleeves 14”
Underarm sleeve length 17"
Neck to hem 42.5”
Good with some points to note;
- there are some darns on the front left hem of the coat across an 8" area, the darns are scattered and vary in size
- there are some small darns on the lining
- there is some discolouration on the lining
- there is some discolouration on the coat. I believe it was one paler because when you lift the collar and the lapels the fabric underneath is lighter.
- there is a mark on the left side skirt of the coat
The coat was filthy when it came to me. It has been laundered and soaked and much of the dirt lifted but what is still there is unlikely to move.