This classic fit and flair coat is divine!
Made in the 1940s from beige wool, it is beautifully tailored with broad shoulders which have shoulder pads to give you the fabulous silhouette of the era, a nipped in waist and a full, flared skirt which is pleated in the back to give great movement as you walk. It is double breasted and has a smart collar. The sleeves have slits at the cuff end for added detail. The coat is fully lined with crepe. No makers label but this piece has been exceptionally well made.
It is best suited for up to a 38" bust but to ensure it will fit you properly, please compare the following measurements to a similar coat you already own.
Measurements taken on the outside;
Flat bust 20”
Flat waist 16.5"
Flat hip 21"
Shoulders between sleeves 15.5”
Underarm sleeve length 16.5"
Neck to hem 44.5”
Very good, structurally, with some minor points to note;
- there are some small marks on the coat, most of which are only seen in certain lights and which won't capture on camera. The main area of marking is on the front of the coat near the hem.
- there is a small mark in the button area
- there is a 1" mark on the left skirt of the coat
- lining has some underarm discolouration
- some watermarks on the lining, not seen when worn
This piece has been dry cleaned and the marks didn't move.