Utterly divine rich purple crepe evening dress.
Made in the 1940s and labelled Lich Tex, this piece has been beautifully made.
Very full puff sleeves, a gathered bodice which goes into a heavily beaded and sequined waist insert. The skirt is slim fitting in the back and has tiny gathers in the front. It has embroidery around the "v" neck and sleeve edges, and the sleeves have two little popper fastenings on the underside.
Flat bust is 20.5" across the flat back and 28" in the front when taking into account all the fabric in the gathers
Flat waist 16" but is is meant to cinch in a bit with the belt so you need to be a little smaller than this
Flat hips 21" across the back skirt
Shoulders between sleeves 15"
Shoulder to waist 16"
Shoulder to hem 52"
Underarm sleeve length 2.5"
Ready to wear but this piece is not perfect, which is reflected in the price, so please note the following;
- the zip appears to be a replacement and the stitching at the top and the bottom of the seam is a little messy
- there are 4 bugle beads missing
- there is a 4" square self mark in the back skirt about 6" up.
- underarms have been re-sewn
- it has all over colour variation, as so often happens with 1940s purple crepe. The worst of the variation is under the arms and on the back bodice but unless you hold the skirt against one of the "pink" pieces, it isn't really noticeable. The dress is still stunning and looks incredible on.
Please note that if you are buying from outside of the UK you may be charged a customs fee before the item is delivered by your postal service. This is outside of my control and is the buyer's responsibility.