Absolutely divine 1940s full length evening dress in a rich shade of raspberry pink.
Made from crepe, the wonderfully full bodice is decorated with diagonal stripes of beads and sequins. The skirt is fairly slim fitting and there is a sash belt which looks great tied to one side. The back has a keyhole opening and fastens with a single hook and eye, and there are shoulder pads to give the iconic silhouette of the era.
The bodice is not meant to be close fitting but instead more blouson, as shown in the photos. It will best fit up to a 36" bust. However, to ensure this piece will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar garment you already own;
Flat bust 21"
Flat waist 14.5"
Flat hip 19"
Shoulder to waist 18.5" but you are meant to lift the waistline to your own natural waist and secure waist using the belt - this is what gives the blouson look
Shoulder to hem 53"
Good with some minor points to note;
- 1cm darn on the left skirt about 10" down from the waist
- minor iron shine on the hem
- 5 single thread pulls in the skirt
- 4 very faint marks in the skirt which aren't showing up on camera
- there may be one or two beads missing but its hard
- someone has tweaked the hem, not seen from the outside but looks a little messy on the inside
Please note that if you are buying from outside of the UK you may be charged a customs fee before the item is delivered by your postal service. This is outside of my control and is the buyer's responsibility.