This is an utterly fabulous coat.
American made in the 1940's by Cliffords of Seattle it is made from gaberdine and is fully lined.
Featuring a wonderful shawl collar, self covered buttons and a swing bag, it is a stunning example of a forties coat.
This will fit a variety of sizes and isn't meant to be close fitting. Please compare the measurements below to a similar item you already own;
Flat bust 23”
Shoulders between sleeves 16”
Underarm sleeve 17”
Good with minor points to note;
- small 2mm hole in the front right just above the pocket
- 1cm mark on the left bodice near pocket
- very light iron shine
- 1cm darn one underside of left sleeve
- slight marks on underside of cuffs
- lining slight discolours on shoulders and underarms
- light wear under right arm
- right sleeve lining has some old repairs - one small one at the underarm, and two others at the cuff end