A very pretty, true volup, coat with beautiful detailing.
Made in the 1940s by Caldaric, this camel coloured coat is made from wool and is fully lined with crepe. Wonderful styling, the swagger design and broad shoulders give the iconic silhouette of the era. The coat has trapunto quilting on the sleeve ends and on the neck tie which is versatile and can be worn tied or untied. A very classy piece with great style!
The swagger design means it is meant to be roomy so to ensure it will fit you please compare the measurements below to a similar item you already own. The measurements have all been taken on the outside of the coat.
Flat bust 23.5"
Flat waist 25.5"
Flat hip 27.5"
Shoulders between sleeves 17"
Neck to hem 46"
Underarm sleeve length 18"
Very good with some very minor points to note;
- there are 4 small darns on the left scarf end
- there is a darn on the inner facing on the bottom of the coat
- there are three marks on the back of the left sleeve
- there are a few tufts on the trapunto quilting
- there are a few minor marks but they are only visible in some lights
- there are are a couple of marks on the lining