This coat is stunning!
Made in the 1950's from wool it is fully lined. It has narrow shoulders, with beautiful detailing on the front shoulder, and wide sleeves with huge faux fur cuffs. It isn't a close fitting piece and has a full back and fastens with a single oversized button.
The colour is so hard to capture accurately but it is a cross between a sea foam green and a blue green. It is NOT grey, even though that's the colour showing in the photos.
It is not meant to be a close fitting piece at all and the shoulders are a good indication of whether this piece will fit you or not. Please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 24"
Flat waist 25"
Flat hip 27"
Shoulders between sleeves 14.5"
Underarm sleeve length 11"
Shoulder to hem 42"
This piece is not perfect but the faults are minor compared to the beauty of this incredible piece. Points to note;
- discolouration on the back neck on the outer and inner
- some marks and discolouration on the lining, mostly in the back
- underarm lining seam repair
- 1" area of moth grazing on the left hand side of the coat, 6" up from the hem
- some marks around the button - not seen when the coat is closed
- a mark on the left front where the right overlaps - not seen when the coat is closed
- there is an orange mark on the main fabric of the coat on the inner hem, not seen when worn
- there are a couple of grazes to the upper layer of the wool - five on the right shoulder - one on the right front, 6" up from the hem
- on close inspection there are a few pale marks
The marks may come out with a dry clean.
This piece will be sent via a fully tracked and insured method.