This is a beautiful example of an original 1940s day dress.
American made and labelled Classic Lady by Constantine, it is made from celanese acetate and has typical styling of the era including broad shoulders with shoulder pads to give you that classic 1940s silhouette, seamed skirt, shirring on the shoulders and foliate applique detail on the bust. It has a metal side zip and plastic buttons down the bodice. An absolute classic wardrobe staple which is perfect for day wear or could be accessorised for evening wear.
This isn't meant to be close fitting on the bust and is meant to be blouson. It will fit up to a 40"/42" bust and up to a 34" waist. However, to ensure that this will fit you properly please compare the measurements below to a similar item you already own;
- flat bust 21.5" with an additional 2" fullness in the front bodice
- flat waist 17.5"
- flat hip 22.5"
- underarm sleeve length 12"
- shoulders between sleeves 16"
- neck to waist 16"
- neck to hem 46"
Very good with only a couple of minor points to note;
- the inner seams are slightly frayed, as happens with this kind of fabric
- there are a couple of small pale marks
- minor wear under the arms which I can't get to photograph