This is a really beautiful fit and flair coat. Made in the 1940s, this Princess coat is made from warm brown grosgrain. It has a wonderful shape with lots of seaming. There are pockets concealed within the front seams. Three decorative buttons on the cuff edges and two buttons on the coat, it is fully lined.
A timeless piece.
It will fit up to a 38" bust, depending what you're going to wear under it. However, to ensure that it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar item you already own.
Measured taken on the outside;
Flat bust 19.5”
Flat waist 17"
Flat hip 22"
Shoulders between sleeves 15.5”
Underarm sleeve length 16.5"
Neck to hem 43.5”
Good with some points to note. It has been gently priced to reflect the issues but is still a beautiful, very wearable piece.
- the are some small pulls on the lining
- the are a couple of small pinhead holes on the lining
- the underarms have been resewn on the lining
- a darn on the left elbow
- a darn on the right shoulder
- a darn on the front left bodice
- lots of small darns in the skirt - in excess of 20
Even though it has a lot of small issues it still has plenty of life left in it. If you want perfection, this piece isn't for you.