This piece is exceptional! I have seen lots of CC41 pieces but I've never seen a pinafore dress and jacket combination.
Made in the 1940s by Brookmar, this is a quality piece. The pinafore has a 7 panelled skirt with a side metal zip and is trimmed with navy corduroy which edges the opening to the pockets! The pinafore bib has a slight cross over in the front and the edges have little cut out details.
The jacket is a cropped, military inspired piece designed to look similar to the battledress blouses worn by the servicemen during WW2. Shoulder pads help to give the piece the classic silhouette of the era. Button front and a buckle fastening, it is trimmed with corduroy to match the skirt.
Labelled as a size 16 and to fit a 34" bust and 38" hip, please check the additional measurements below to ensure that this piece will fit you;
Flat bust 20" (it is meant to be blousy)
Flat waist 14.5"
Shoulders between sleeves 16"
Underarm sleeve length 16.25"
Flat waist 14"
Shoulder to waist 16.5"
Shoulder to hem 48"
Flat hem 40"
Very good with some minor points to note. Structurally is in wonderful condition and shows only light wear. Actual points to note are;
- there are 5 small rust marks on the left side of the skirt near the hem
- rust marks on the buckle
- one pinhead hole on the front of the jacket near the waist
- mark on the left corduroy band - it can be felt as well as seen so not sure what it is
- 5 small rust marks on the bottom of the left jacket
- some small rust marks on the inner right sleeve
- some fading. This has been really hard to show but it is there in certain lights and is mainly down the sleeve edges and on the skirt - please look at the photos carefully to note where it is