Absolutely fabulous 1940s housecoat/hostess gown.
Made from lightweight, slightly textured cotton, it features a wonderful roses print in pretty pinks with soft green leaves. Lovely styling with puff sleeves, gathered bodice, waist insert, tie belt and pockets! A metal zip runs down the front and the belt is designed to cinch in the waist.
Originally designed to be worn in the home it is much to pretty to keep indoors and would be an ideal summer maxi dress.
This isn't meant to be too close fitting and the bodice above the waist insert is meant to be blouson. The tie belt is great because it can be cinched smaller at the waist and will fit up to a 38-30-42 but to ensure it will fit you properly please compare the measurements below to a similar garment you already own;
Flat bust 20"
Flat waist 16"
Flat hip 22"
Shoulders between sleeves 15.5"
Underarm sleeve length 2.5"
Flat cuff 6.5"
Shoulder to waist 16"
Shoulder to hem 56"
Good with some minor points to note;
- tiny darns on both the underarms
- 3mm darn above the left pocket
- small area of wear in the back seat of the dress but it is lost within the fullness of the skirt
- 2 pinhead holes in the skirt
- tiny repairs by the tops of the pocket edges
- has overall fade but it is even and is only noticeable when you lift the collar of the pocket flaps
Please note that standard postage within the UK only covers you for £50 compensation in the unlikely event that the parcel is lost or damaged in the post. If you want your item fully insured please select upgraded shipping at checkout.