This is an utterly divine dress.
Made in the 1950s from medium weight natural linen it still has a wonderful crispness to the fabric which helps give the skirt shape. It has a close fitting bodice, three quarter length sleeves, a nice full skirt, pockets and pretty soutache trim. It opens down the front and fastens at the bust with a hook and then has poppers at the waist and into the skirt.
This will best fit up to a 36-27-38 but to ensure it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 18" in the back and 19" in the front
Flat waist 14"
Underarm sleeve length 11"
Shoulders between sleeves 15"
Shoulder to waist 17.5"
Shoulder to hem 45"
Beautiful with only a few points to note -
- there are three small darns in the front knitted band
- the underarm gussets appear to have been re-sewn or handsewn as the stitching is a little messy compared to the rest of the dress
- very slight discolouration on the edges of the cuff
- on the inside hem there are some small blue marks. These are not a fault, they are the tailor's chalk marks which they used for the hem
- there is a faint mark on the back right skirt - see photo
Please note that standard post within the UK only covers you for £50 compensation in the unlikely event that your item is lost or damaged in the post. If you want the piece fully insured please select upgraded shipping at checkout.