This jacket was made in the 1950s and is labelled Reville of London All Wool. Made from a beautiful rich green it has large patch pockets, fastens with oversized buttons and is trimmed with faux fur in leopard print on the collar, cuffs and pockets. It is lined with warm brown artificial silk.
By design it is a fairly loose fitting piece and quite boxy. Will fit up to a 42" bust but will also work on smaller. To ensure that it will fit you properly, please compare the following measurements to a similar coat you already own.
Measured on the outside;
Flat bust 23"
Flat waist 23”
Shoulders between sleeves 16”
Undertaken sleeve length 18"
Neck to hem 33"
It is in good to very good condition with some minor points to note;
- on the left front edge there is a small darn. This is covered by the right side when the jacket is fastened
- the inner pocket linings are tatty
- there are some handsewn repairs on the lining
- the lining in the sleeves is tatty on the ends, especially on the left sleeve
- on the inner placket, so not seen when worn, there are some very faint marks
- there is a faint mark on the inner lapel - its long and thin but isn't seen when worn