This stunning piece was made in the 1940's.
Made from dark blue crepe, which has a gorgeous weight and drape, it has the most fabulous leaf print in lime green and cerise pink.
The bodice is smooth fitting, has gathers on the shoulders and an offset keyhole neckline. It fastens down the back and left side with metal zips. The skirt is bias cut and has great movement to it when you walk.
A truly iconic dress.
This piece will best fit up to a 38-28-40 maximum but to ensure that it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 18.5"
Flat waist 14"
Flat hip 20" but the skirt is bias cut and so easily stretches to 22"
Shoulder to waist 16"
Good with some points to note;
- there are 6 pinhead holes in the skirt when held up to the light
- there are 5 darns in the skirt, most are 5mm but there is a bigger one which is 1.5" long and curved, a repaired tear
- the neck opening has been strengthened on the inside, not seen when worn
- small repairs to the neckline in two places
- small repair to the bottom of the keyhole opening
- a repair to the back bodice dart which sits on the left side when worn