This is an absolutely beautiful dress.
Made in the late 1930s from a rich burgundy coloured crepe, it is a very stylish piece which has pin tucked sleeves and bodice front, a covered belt and full sleeve heads. It has a metal zip on the side and another in the back bodice.
Best suited for a 36-30-38 but to ensure it will fit you properly please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 19"
Flat waist 30"
Flat hip on the underskirt 20"
Shoulders between sleeves 15.5"
Shoulder to waist 18.5"
Shoulder to hem 46"
Good with some minor points to note;
- small scuff to the fabric on the front right shoulder
- 2 faint marks in the tunic skirt on the front of the piece
- 2 plucks in the fabric near the yoke
- wear to the fabric on the belt
- some small holes in the underskirt of the tunic, but these aren't seen when worn
- a pale faint mark on the bodice front, running horizontally
- minor colour change between the shoulders and the rest of the dress
It still presents really well and has lots of wear left in it.