Absolutely gorgeous original 1930s suit.
This chestnut coloured wool, herringbone tweed, check walking suit is so beautiful. It has really firm shoulder pads which give you the iconic shape of the late 1930s. Fabulous tailoring, it fastens with 3 chunky brown buttons, the skirt has inverted pleats and the pockets are really unusual. The pocket flap is decorative and the pocket is actually in the "pleat" in the patch pocket.
Would look great with a felt hat and brown leather walking shoes!
To ensure this piece will fit you properly, please compare the following measurements to a similar suit you already own. All our measurements are taken on the outside of the garment. The suit will best fit a 34-25-36
Flat bust 19"
Flat waist 15”
Underarm sleeve length 18”
Shoulders between sleeves 16"
Waist will fit a tight 25"
Hip measured 8” down from the top of the waistband is 19"
Good with some points to note;
- there are darns in the jacket - 6 on the back shoulder, 1cm on the right elbow and some on the right front shoulder
- there area number of small darns in the skirt and when held up to the light there are some slightly thin areas. These are not seen when the skirt is being worn
- there is a repair on the inner waist by the hook. It is strong and not seen when the skirt is worn
- the jacket lining has some repairs, especially on the inner back neck
- both sleeve linings have a big patch on the elbow area - not seen when worn
- the skirt hem has been dropped at some point and there is a very faint mark - this may steam out
- there is a repair on the top of the pleat at the back skirt
- there is a repair on the top of the pleat in the front skirt and it means that one of the pleats is stitched 1" lower than the other
Although it isn't in perfect condition it still looks fabulous on. Great for a 1940s re-enactor.