Beautiful original 1930's navy blue crepe day dress.
With classic styling or the era, the dress has a close fitting bodice with gathered detail running down the front. The skirt is slim fitting and has a front peplum. The bodice fastens with two poppers and then covered buttons in navy and cream and the piece still has the original belt which fastens with a fabulous double buckle.
A very stylish piece!
Please note this piece has no side opening. It didn't fit my mannequin as the waist opening didn't fit over the hips of the mannequin. Please look at the measurements carefully to make sure that this piece will not only fit you but that you can get it on via the waist opening.
Flat bust 16"
Flat waist 12.5"
Flat hip 17"
Shoulders between sleeves 11.5"
Shoulder to waist 15.5"
Shoulder to hem 42.5"
Underarm sleeve length 5"
Flat cuff 5.25"
Good with minor points to note;
- repair on the left underarm
- three small darns in the skirt
- the belt has some discolouration on the reverse of the white section
- when held up to the light there are a few pinhead holes but darning them will make them more visible than they already are
- on the seat of the skirt there are 4 pinhole white marks - the dress has been washed and the marks didn't come out
Even with the above issues, it is a glorious piece.