This is a lovely little dress which could be dressed down for day wear but dressed up for an evening out.
Made from a medium weight crepe it has a close fitting bodice and fairly slim fitting skirt. There are shoulder pads to give you the classic silhouette from the era and there are metal zips on the left side and centre back.
It has a wonderful beaded design on the bodice made from glass bugle and seed beads in bronze.
Designed to be belted to cinch in the waist a little and shown in the first photo tied with a scarf. Please see the second and third photos to see how the dress looks without a belt, which is how it is being sold.
To ensure this piece will fit you, please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 18" in the back and 20" in the front but best suited to a 36"
Flat waist 15"
Flat hip 19"
Shoulders between sleeves 15.5"
Underarm sleeve length 2"
Shoulder to waist 14.5"
Good with some minor points to note;
- belt loops but no belt
- there is a faint dark line running horizontally across the back skirt, 12" up from the hem
- there is some minor discolouration on the underarms
- four pinhead holes when held up to the light
- a 1/2cm darn on the front skirt
- minor fade on shoulders
- some single which thread "plucks", mostly on the back of the skirt in the hip area but there are a few on the bodice and sleeve. They aren't holes, its like a thread in the weave is poking through - see photos
Has been washed, pressed and is ready to wear.