Made in the 1940's from lightweight floppy cotton, this dress carries the CC41 label in the back of neck.
This is such a classic shape of the era. A button-through design it fastens with ten mother-of-pearl buttons, has a smart collar, neat turn back cuffs and has fabulous patch pockets with pleats which have the fabric running in the opposite direction to the body of the dress.
A timeless shape and style.
The dress will fit up to a 36-26-37 but to ensure it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 19"
Flat waist 13.25"
Flat hip 19"
Shoulders between sleeves 14.5"
Shoulder to waist 16"
Shoulder to hem 42.5"
Underarm sleeve length 3.75"
Flat cuff 5.5"
Good with some points to note;
- there are three darns on the front left bodice - see photo
- there is minor colour bleed from the actual burgundy thread they used to sew the piece together
- a pinhead hole on the front and another on the left cuff
- belt loops but no belt
- the top stitching on one of the back skirt darts appears to have been re-done at some point and is a little wonky
- not a fault, as I think it adds to the history of the dress, but there are some letters embroidered in black in the inner neck - see photo