Such a beautiful bag in a hard to find shade but it isn't in perfect condition so please note the issues before purchasing.
Made in the 1940s or 1950s it is made from leather in a rich burgundy shade. A beautiful shape which is wide at the base and narrow at the top, it has gold tone metal frame and clasp, double handles and the inner is fully lined and has lots of pockets for all your essentials, including a lipstick pocket.
Pretty and practical, it is a good size and will easily hold a phone, purse keys etc.
Height 6" and 10.5" with the handle
Width at base 3"
Good with some minor points to note. It presents really well and is a gorgeous colour but it isn't perfect, which is reflected in the price.
- there are some minor scuffs and marks to the bag, mostly just below the clasp and on the base - see photos
- some of the stitching on the base is missing, but it is only noticeable on close inspection
- there is a 2mm hole in the leather on the back of the bag
- the metalwork has wear and is tarnished in places
- one of the handles has different colour red stitching on, assuming a repair