This is a beautiful example of a classic, British, wartime suit which has the highly sought after CC41 label in the lining of the jacket.
I was fortunate enough to acquire this gorgeous suit from the granddaughter of the original owner and it has been carefully stored and well looked after.
It was made by Simon Courtenay and features an unlined slim fitting skirt which has a single front pleat and fastens on the left side with a metal zip and a hook and eye. The jacket has wonderful tailoring and is long lined with a nipped in waist and faux pocket detail. The jacket is fully lined and fastens with three buttons and has two matching buttons, for decoration only, on the faux pockets.
The following measurements have all been taken on the outside of the suit. To ensure that it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar suit you already own;
Flat waist 13"
Flat hip taken 8" down from the waist 18.5"
Flat bust across the front 19"
Flat bust across the back 18"
Shoulders between sleeves 15"
Underarm sleeve length 18"
Neck to waist 15"
Neck to hem 25.5"
Very good with some minor points to note;
- there are some small marks on the skirt which are only visible on close inspection - see photo
- there are two 3mm darns on the right sleeve
- minor discolouration on the inner collar
- slight iron shine and marking on the lining
- main point to note is a line of discolouration on the right sleeve edge - see photos