This piece is not perfect. It is wounded but wearable so please check the condition details carefully to make sure you're happy with the many issues. Still a great suit for a 1940's re-enactor.
This piece was made in the 1940's and carries the CC41 label in the seam. Made from medium weight wool in a soft blue/grey it is a classic piece of the era. It is labelled 'Tailor Made'.
Great tailoring with broad shoulders, giving you that iconic silhouette of the era, smart lapels and a pleated skirt - the jacket is lined in crepe.
This piece will best fit up to a 36/38-29-40 but to ensure that it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own. Please note the measurements have been taken on the outside of the piece.
Flat bust 19.5"
Flat waist 16"
Shoulders between sleeves 17"
Flat waist 14.5"
Flat hip 20.5"
Fair. Please read the following carefully.
- there is fade, this is most noticeable when you life the lapels or look within the skirt pleats
- discolouration - mostly to the shoulder area but there are marks all over
- some small darns are scuffs - see photos
- discolouration on the collar edges and a few spots on the lapel
- the waist seam on the skirt appears to have been re-sewn and is wobbly in places with some slight fraying
- some scuffs, small holes and repairs to the lining
The fade and discolouration are fairly even and because they are all over the piece, and because the wool is a pale shade, it isn't as noticeable as it would be on a darker piece. It has been gently hand washed twice and is s lot cleaner than when it came to me but the marks that remain are very unlikely to come out with further washing so please make sure you look at the photos carefully and are happy with the condition.