This is a lovely example of an original 1940s fair isle jumper.
Made from what feels like wool, it has been knitted beautifully in pretty shades of green, brown, blue and yellow in an intricate fair isle pattern.
A slim fitting design with little puff sleeves, it is a wonderful piece of original knitwear.
If will fit a 32"/33" bust maximum. To ensure this will fit you, please compare the measurements below to a similar garment you already own;
Flat bust 15" stretching to 16.5"
Flat waist 13" stretching to 15"
Shoulders between sleeves 12.5"
Shoulder to hem 19"
Underarm to waist 13"
Underarm sleeve length 3"
Good vintage with some points to note;
- there is some slight bobbling under the arms, as so often happens with vintage knits
- there are two mends in the main rib section, one of the seam and one on the back which is quite visible - see photo
- minor mends under one arm
- there are a number of small darns in the body of the knit and on the neck rib but most are lost within the pretty design
- the knit fastens with an original plastic zip. It is a bit sticky and has a makeshift pull. If you want me to replace the zip before I post it please contact me