Please note this piece is NOT in perfect condition. It has been much loved and well worn but still has lots of life left in it.
Made in the 1940's from lightweight cotton it was made by Fortune Fashions.
A white ground with bold stripes of red, pale blue, green and dark blue it has a button front bodice, neat white collar, a side button opening and faux peplem front.
Will be perfect for the summer.
The dress will best fit up to a 38-32-42 but to ensure it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar piece you already own;
Flat bust 21"
Flat waist 16"
Flat hip 22"
Shoulder to waist 16.5"
Shoulder to hem 45" - no hem to let down
This piece has been very much loved and has a LOT of issues so please read the below carefully to make sure you're happy with the condition.
- the right sleeve opening has three large patches. They have been done well with the fabric matching the stripes but the underarm one is more visible
- the left sleeve opening has a number of darns under the arm
- there are some darns on the sides
- there are a few small marks
- a few pinhead holes
- the front of the skirt has a mark, looks like something was spilt on it. I've treated it with Vanish, twice, but it didn't come out in the wash
Even with all the issues it is a stunning piece!