Great pair of original 1940's Women's Land Army dungarees.
Made from cotton drill they are sturdy and feature bib and braces with three strap lengths, achieved by using different button holes. A great wide leg design they are so comfortable to wear and look great belted.
The bus ticket which would have tell the date and the size has sadly worn off, which isn't uncommon with pieces of worn uniform.
Will fit up to a 42" waist and are good belted. To see if they will work for you please compare the measurements below with a similar pair you already own;
Flat waist 22.5"
Flat hip 50" - but these were working overalls and not meant to be tight so best for up to a 46" hip
Inner leg 29.5
Outer leg from waist button to hem 43.5"
Flat trouser leg hem 10.5"
Good with some points to note;
- the bus ticket is missing
- lines just up from the hem on each leg where the length must have been altered
- some marks including what looks like pen - haven't washed them
- some general wear, but that isn't surprising given their age and what they were used for
- a 4” stripe of wear on one leg about 6” up
Still loads of life left in them and great for a WW2 re-enactor.