Wonderful pure wool suit from the 1950s.
Labelled "Marlbeck" this piece is made from medium weight wool tweed in lavender, grey and soft green. The jacket is smartly tailored with a nipped in waist and little pockets and the skirt is pleated and fastens on the left side with a metal zip.
A truly stylish piece.
To ensure this piece will fit you properly, we recommend that you compare the following measurements to a similar suit you already own.
All our measurements are taken on the outside of the garment.
Flat bust 19"
Flat waist 14.5”
Underarm sleeve length 16.5”
Shoulders between sleeves 15"
Flat waist 12"
Hip measured 8” down from the top of the waistband is 18"
Good with a couple of minor points to note;
- there are a number of darns in the skirt, most are only visible on close inspection but there are a couple which show from a distance
- there is a darn in the centre back jacket - see photo
- very small darn on the front jacket front on the left hand side just below the shoulders
- lots of small holes in the lining
- discolouration in the lining