Please note this piece is not perfect. It has had a lot of wear and needs a true vintage lover to give it a new lease of life - if you want perfection then this piece will not be for you.
This charming little dress is a great everyday piece and will be perfect for the summer.
A Marspun Model for St Michael, it was specifically made for the shorter lady. A classic shape of the era with fitted bodice, little cuffed sleeves and broad pleats in the skirt, it is made from a floppy cotton rayon mix in a charming roses print.
Designed for a 38" hip, as shown in the label, this is best suited to a UK 10, approx. 36-26-38, but to ensure it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar item you already own.
Flat bust 18.5"
Flat waist 13.5"
Flat hip 22"
Neck to waist 15.5"
Flat cuff 5.75"
This dress is pretty but is not perfect, which is reflected in the price. It still has plenty of life left in it, but sadly has lots of issues;
- there are a number of small darns, most noticeable is on the waist area
- a patch and repair on the left bodice, hidden when the dress is fastened
- a mark on the left sleeve - the dress has been washed and the mark didn't shift
- has lots of small repairs - some better than others
- some small 2mm holes, about 5 - the dress is totally wearable with them and they may be more visible darned than left as they are