Utterly charming pair of original shoes from the 1920s or 1930s in a hard to find size.
These shoes are made from wonderfully soft chocolate brown leather by Joseph Johnson of Leicester. They have a low level heel and a fabulous pointed toe and each is decorated with finely beaded trim on the front.
These have been tried on a standard fitting UK 6 and there is a good amount of room in the toe so would fit a slim fitting 6.5, too. However, to ensure these will fit you, please compare the measurements below to a similar pair you already own;
Length 10 3/4” right into the toe. As your toe can’t go into the point you’ll need to have a smaller foot that that. Best for 10” foot
These are in lovely condition for their age but there are some points to note;
- they have been re-heeled and soled
- some beading missing on the front
- some minor marks and scuffs - see photos. Biggest scuff is 8mm on inner left shoe
- inner and outer slightly separated on the backs
- small old repair on back of right shoe
- someone’s name has been written on inner and soles