This piece is absolutely charming.
Made in the 1930s from fine natural silk, the detailing is divine with fagoting, chevron turn back cuffs, pin tucks, mother-of-pearl buttons and lace work, the details really don't show well in the photos. It feels so soft against the skin. It is a commercially made piece as there is just the shred of a label left in the inner back neck.
This piece isn't meant to be close fitting and will suit up to a 34" bust. It is best worn slightly blouson. Actual measurements;
Shoulders between sleeves 14"
Underarm sleeve length 5"
Flat cuff 4.5"
Well loved and worn and much repaired but these repairs add to the charm. It is not perfect so please take a look at the photos to make sure you're happy with the condition;
- underarm repairs to both sleeves
- one button doesn't match
- the most minor underarm discolouration which is only seen in some lights
- three small holes on the back left near the dart
- a small cluster of holes on the front - see photo - but this isn't seen when the piece is worn as it ends up tucked in
- a number of small repairs
- a couple of small marks