This is an utterly stunning dress.
Made in the late 1930's or early 1940's from inky black satin backed crepe it has some gorgeous details.
The bodice has a sweetheart neckline and pointed waist detail, it has slit sleeves with a scalloped edge opening. The dress has the most beautiful hand painted floral design in pink and mauve which features on the left bodice and then is repeated twice across the front skirt.
An incredible piece which is much better in real life than in the photos.
Please note the dress is heavily pinned to the mannequin - the final two photos show the dress without pinning.
This will best fit up to a 46-44-50 but to ensure that it will fit you properly, please compare the measurements below to a similar item you already own.
Flat bust 23"
Flat waist 22.5"
Flat hip 28"
Neck to waist 17.5"
Underarm sleeve length 5"
Flat cuff 7"
Shoulders between sleeves 16"
Very good with some minor points to note;
- there is a 1/2" darn in the back skirt - if you're good at darning you might be able to do a neater job
- a 1/4" mark in the back skirt sitting a few inches above the aforementioned darn
- a small mark on the front of the right shoulder - possibly paint
- some marks on the inside sleeve edges - looks like there was a sticker there once
- there is some discolouration on the lining in the back
Please note, standard postage within the UK only covers you for £50 compensation in the unlikely event that your item is lost in the post. If you'd like it fully insured, please select upgraded shipping at checkout.