This is such a beautiful dress in the softest silk.
Made in the 1940s from RAF blue silk with stripes in navy and flowers in cream and burgundy. The bodice has some charming details with ruching on the shoulders, paste set buttons, a little tie at the neck opening and pretty pleated detail beside each button.
Flat bust 24" but it is not meant to be close fitting so best suited for up to a 44" bust
Flat waist 19"
Flat hip 26"
Shoulders between sleeves 16"
Neck to waist 16.5"
Neck to hem 43.5"
Underarm sleeve length 6"
Flat cuff 7"
- the bottom button is missing the paste middle
- there is some rough stitching on the hem line, looks like it has been re-hemmed at some point, hence the stitch marks
- 4" seam stress on the back skirt
- no belt
- when held up to the light I spotted 4 pinhead holes, but these are lost within the print
- main issue is some fade down both sleeve and dress edges, see photos
Even with the issues this is an absolutely divine piece which looks spectacular on and is in such a great colourway.
Please note that standard postage within the UK only covers you for £50 compensation in the unlikely event that your item is lost or damaged in the post. If you want it fully insured, please select upgraded shipping at checkout.